Minutes of the FCW Business Meeting on October 29, 2016
Members Present: Perry K., Bruce, Colin, Gene, Rich, Kay, Michelle
Members Absent: Adam, Warren, Jim, Jared., Ernesto, John H., Lisa, Mike, Brandon, Paul, Zac, Josh, Dan, Dave, Alex, Brad B., Bob. Bradley O., Derek, John M. , Ross, Andy, Shannon, Meg
Total Funds; $23,485 Note: includes grant funds which are restricted, funds encumbered for particular purposes, and reserve funds.
- Woodturning – Tim Simmons may instruct
- Raspberry Pi – Intro class tentative for Jan, – Michelle
- Arduino – special session for teachers being developed – Michelle
- SCHS – students will have a soldering and robotics classes
- Ham radio tech class – possible in January
- Protocols- Michelle
- Windows setup – TBA
- Infrastructure – A/C, Ramp, Wiring – on hold for various reasons
- Amateur Radio –
- Dipole has been installed and is working
- Interest in Tech class
- Open House – Dec 16, 17 – more details to follow
- Possible Advertising
- Lenoir Radio Stations – need to contact
- Barnes & Nobel – MakerFaire – Nov 5th and 6th, – small setup
- Charlotte Mini-Makerfaire: Adam, Bruce, Michell attended, busy, handed out approx 70 flyers.
- Googlefest: Michelle attended – much about Google for non-profits
- Model-railroad show – Burlington – Gene attended, gave presentation on Arduinos; sold 12 Arduinos.
- Google Data Centers Community Grants via the Tides Foundation award – FCW got $12000 for chairs for the classroom and science area and a full set of Raspberry Pi stations for the classroom
- Soldering Stations – have arrived – need assembly
- Nation of Makers – national association to represent hackerspaces and makerspaces. FCW is currently working with them.
- Bylaws and Documents Review – will be done by the board
- IT – need organization, documentation, update of FCW network
- Visitors packet
- What should it contain