Minutes of the FCW Business Meeting on September 24, 2016
Members Present: Bob, Brandon, Colin, Gene, Rich, Kay, Michelle
Members Absent: Adam, Warren, Jim, Jared., Ernesto, John H., Lisa, Mike, Matt, Paul, Zac, Josh, Dan, Dave, Alex, Brad B., Bob. Bradley O., Derek, John M. , Ross, Andy, Shannon, Meg, Perry K., Bruce,
Guests Present: Tom
Total Funds; $15,768 Note: includes grant funds which are restricted, funds encumbered for particular purposes, and reserve funds.
- Woodturning – Tim Simmons from local wood-turning club is interested. We need firm head count of those interested.
- Raspberry Pi – Intro class needed – Michelle
- Arduino – possible 2nd class- Michelle
- SCHS – students will have a soldering and robotics classes
- Ham radio tech class – some interest
- Protocols- Michelle
- Windows setup – TBA
- Ramp – looking at purchasing a modular ramp.
- Small laser cutter – need safety switch, filter
- A/C – waiting for Tony to get the tubing and mounts.
- Amateur Radio –
- Dipole is being installed
- Butternut has been damaged.
- Surplus – members need to go through possible surplus equipment .
- Open House – Dec – more details to follow
- Possible Advertising
- Lenoir Radio Stations – need to contact
- Barnes & Nobel – MakerFaire – mid November
- Charlotte Mini-Makerfaire: Need helpers.
- NC Non-profits Conference: Michelle attended – several ideas about PR.
- Linux Users Group – Michael Probst is asking FCW to assist with setting up a local Linux/Unix users group.
- Soldering Stations – will be ordered soon.
- Nation of Makers – national association to represent hackerspaces and makerspaces. Colin and Michelle are gathering information.