Minutes of the FCW Business Meeting on July 28,2018
Members attending: Rich, Colin, Gene, Mitch M., Ron, Michelle, Bruce, Wole
Guest: Gary Schwartz
- Unencumbered: $265
- Need 35 full members to “break even”
- Rental Agreement: tabled until after January 2019 due to tax questions.
- Top floor West wall in classroom and science is complete.
- Conduit is being run to the CNC router (240V)
- Kitchen and Science: Need estimate on Gas taps.
- Electronics: Waiting on HDMI cables for Raspberry Pi’s.
- Better bench was obtained by Bruce.
- GAP antenna is operational.
- Ground system under construction.
- July 13-14, Blackberry festival – Gene, Mitch, Bruce, Michelle, Robert attended. Friday was a “bit sparse”. Saturday saw a steady flow of visitors. Much interest was shown in FCW.
- CCC&TI LRC staff visited FCW. They have a tiny makerspace and want ideas and collaboration.
- 3D-Printers: the printers have arrives and work nicely. Brandon and Michelle are working on class for school teachers. Brad is working on transport cart.
- Proposal: Gene has offered to purchase all the HO scale railroad items from FCW at current market rate, then lease the railroad back to FCW. Benefits will be a funds boost to FCW and ease maintaining the inventory of the railroad.
Gary Schwartz, from the Lenoir Amateur Radio Club presented a proposal to set up a remote station at K4FCW. This radio could be used by computers and phones for those unable to set up an HF station locally.