Minutes of the FCW Annual Meeting on August 26, 2018
Members Attending: Gene, Rich, Colin, Brad, Robert, Michelle, Mitch, Lisa, Bruce
Election of 2 Board Positions:
- There were only two nominees.
- Motion to accept the two nominees since there were no write-in candidates. (Colin, Mitch)
- Motion passed. Michelle and Bruce elected.
Minutes of previous meeting: Motion to accept (Brad, Mitch), passed
- Financial Report:
- 19 Members current on dues.
- Unemcumbered funds: $2146
- Expenses still exceeding income
- Shelby Hamfest – individual members may go
- Pride – Sept. 15 – Catawba Valley Science Center – FCW has a booth
- Charlotte Makerfaire – Oct. 13, Discovery Place – FCW has a table
- Cookout (Family & Friends) – Tentative Sept. 22
- Internal Projects:
- Lasersaur – being cleaned and assembled. Needs airline.
- Small Mill – Interface board has been ordered.
- Electronics – Parts sorting continues.
- Raspberry Pi’s – order complete, FCW has 21 sets.
- Classroom – 21 chairs have arrived and need assembly.
- Science Center – Instructor’s chair needs assembly
- PCR and electrophoresis units have arrived.
- UV/Visible spectrometer has been obtained.
- K4FCW –
- 3 HF and 2 VHF radios are operational.
- Remote radio software is being evaluated.
- Still need antennas.
- CNC Wood Router –
- Router running.
- Needs workspace board prepared.
- Classes being worked out.
- Workdays – good idea. Look at once per month.
- PR – twitter linked to facebook
- 3d printers (teachers) – possible after 1st of the year
- Raspberry Pis – looking at mid-November.
- Ham Radio Tech – possible after 1st of the year (Gary Schwartz)
- 3d printers –
- Need to establish usage policy
- Need to establish training for FCW members.