Minutes of the FCW Business Meeting of July 6 2019
Start: 3:00 PM
Attending: Colin, Rich, Bruce, Brandon, Robert, Michelle
Minutes: from May approved (Rich/Brandon)
- Need dues caught up
- Approved potential payment for 990 (<= $400 (Michelle/Bruce ))
- Roof Leaks:
- Leaks appear to be patched.
- Computer museum to be temporarily moved to elevator area.
- CNC Router
- Work being done to level router and flatten bed.
- Rich and Mitch to offer class, contact via email.
- Minor progress.
- UTC may donate some workbenches.
- HO side wiring complete.
- Lights complete except for moving led lights over door.
- Benches for HO side started.
- Ham Radio: Butternut being evaluated.
- Area Cleanup: Use upper bay of outbuilding for trash.
- Need to add activities to attract new members.
- Need some regular scheduled activities.
- Retro-Gaming Evening: Brandon to take the lead.
- Group Activities: Need small items made to give away.
- CV Pride – Hickory Salt Block – Sept 21
- Klinspor show – Hickory, late October
- Possible FCW cookout in September.
- Available for all members.
- Need overview session.
- 3d Printers:
- Need session on designing 3d printable parts.
- Patterson Science Center will be using the printers in August.
- Ham Radio: Need additional Tech Class, General/Extra Class
- Next meeting.
- Michelle to get nominations and prepare ballots.
- FCW may have to relocate due to 321A widening.
- Currently looking at buildings.
- Best location – Granite, Sawmills, Hudson
- Need to be in Caldwell Co.
- Prefer “move in” ready.
Bylaws Update: Michelle and Colin will work on proposal.