FCW will have a Spring Open House on Friday, June 2, 5-9PM and Saturday, June 3, 10AM-6PM. Though visitors are welcome at any time, at the open houses an extra effort is made to present what FCW has to offer.
At the Open House:
- There will be food – burgers and hotdogs on Fri, regular meal on Sat.
- The Railroad will be operating.
- Demos will be in the Electronics and Science areas.
- The laser cutter will be operating.
- The Ham station will be operating.
- There will be tours and activities.
- There will be special membership offers.
Areas available for use at FCW include:
- A machine shop with CNC mill
- A wood shop with 2 CNC routers and traditional tools.
- An electronics shop.
- A Ham Radio station (K4FCW)
- A Science Lab for Chemistry, Physics, and Biology and support.
- A Stagecraft shop for props, sets, costumes, SFX, lights, sound.
- A HO scale model railroad
- A technical library
- A Fabrication lab with laser cutter and 3d printer.
- A vintage computer museum.
- A classroom.
Things are always changing at FCW. The woodshop has been overhauled, the Science Lab and Stagecraft shops are close to starting up, new machines have been added to the computer museum, and the electronics area has expanded. There is also new equipment provided by grants and some exciting plans for the near future.
For more information contact info@foothillscommuntiyworkshop or call (828) 351-2551.
FCW is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization